The Site was developed as a school by at least 1871. By 1892, a small building referred to as these engine house was constructed in the northwest corner of the Site. In 1927 the High School was rebuilt or substantially modified and in 1933 an addition was added to the Site building. The small building was converted into a hose house by 1937, general storage building by 1946, and Boy Scout Club by 1961. By 1961, the High School was converted into the Junior High School and was referred to as the Hilltop School by 1967. Pavement was added to the Site around 1986 and the Junior High School was converted into the Elementary School by 1992. More of the Site was paved and the small building in the northwest corner was removed around 1998 to create a parking lot and play area, which was completed by 2006. In 2007, the top floors of the school were closed off due to fire safety codes; e.g. lack of appropriate egress or classrooms being accessed through primary fire escape routes. To compensate for the loss of classroom space, three temporary classrooms were placed in the northwest portion of the Site. These buildings were removed by 2011, two years after the closure of Hilltop Elementary School in 2009. The Site building has remained vacant since that time. Former Use: The Site is a 2.08-acre parcel enclosed by Prospect Street, Highland Street, Grand Street, and Grove Street. The Site is developed with a vacant three-story brick building constructed in 1928, with an addition constructed in 1933. The interior of the Site comprises classrooms, offices, a gymnasium, and a boiler room. The Site building was heated by a No. 2 fuel oil and reportedly had four heating systems onsite. The School converted to natural gas in 1998. The building shows signs of minor deterioration due to the absence of maintenance and heating since the Site building was vacated in 2009. Exterior portions of the Site contain a paved parking lot and play area as well as grassy areas in the northwest corner and southeast of the Site building.