Former Use: The 0.48-acre Site is improved with one approximately 10,500 square foot single-story building identified as the former Allied Leather boiler building. The boiler building is composed of concrete floors with concrete masonry units block and brick walls and was constructed with a ground floor and basement. The roof is in the process of being replaced because it has not been maintained since operations ceased in the 1980s. Evidence of water damage and mold are present along the exterior walls and in the former office area. A former gravel parking area located on the eastern side of the Site building is accessed from Commercial Street. The Site and the northeast adjoining property were developed as a sawmill and lumber yard in the 1820s when Commercial Street was formerly known as Eel Street. Additional mill buildings were constructed in the 1830s. The current Site building, which was extended to inhabit the southwest adjoining property, was constructed by 1887 and was used for use as a granite and sawmill, which was part of the Stratton & Merrill Company by 1892. A 1928 Sanborn Map depicts the Site building as utilized as a repair shop and for general storage. By 1942, the Site was operating under Harris Emery Company mills for woolen manufacturing. By 1953, the Site operated under Brezner Tanning Corporation (aka Allied Leather) and continued until 1987 when the company went bankrupt. The Site building was reportedly used only for warehouse storage, a repair shop, and the boiler operations; it is unclear if any tannery operations historically took place onsite. The Site building has remained vacant since closure of Allied Leather in the late 1980s until present day. Renovations by the current Site owner began in 2019.