The Environmental Assessment was performed on behalf of the perspective purchaser. However, the purchase and sales agreement fell through. There are currently no known redevelopment plans for the property.
Former Use: The property is identified as Parcel Identification Number 07.03.42. The northern portion of the property is currently zoned Rural Residential while the southern portion of the property is listed as the Village Zoning District. Prior to 1940, there was no significant information available regarding use of the property. Starting in the 1940’s and continuing to the present, the southern portion of the property has been occupied by Basketville, a basket manufacturing company that operated from at least 1969 until approximately 2002. In the mid-1970’s, trailer homes were reported on the northern portion of the property. The trailer homes were removed in 2005. Ownership is as follows: prior to 1921 – B.M. Reed 1921-1939 – Laura Britton 1939-1948 – Walter and Nancy Amidon 1948-1956 – George Garland 1956-1982 – Robert and Rowena Garland 1982-1993 – Frank and Constance Wilson 1993-present – Pauline and Steven Wilson The property is currently undeveloped land primarily consisting of wetlands and a pond. A small portion of the northern end of the property had a gravel driveway and was reportedly the former location of several trailers. The driveway is currently overgrown with vegetation.