Community Multiscale Air Quality Model (CMAQ)
- To stop the animation at a particular hour click on Stop. When the animation is stopped the dynamic streamlines represent the wind direction and wind speed for that hour.
- Use the zoom and drag features to see the pollutant concentrations over a specific location.
- More information about the windblown dust scheme used to produce the data in this animation can be found in: Foroutan et al. (2017). Development and evaluation of a physics-based windblown dust emission scheme implemented in the CMAQ modeling system. Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 9, 585-608. doi: 10.1002/2016MS000823.ExitAll the model configurations used in this simulation are the same as in Foroutan et al. (2017), but for a hemispheric domain with 108-km horizontal resolution.
- Read more about the science behind windblown dust in CMAQ and estimating windblown dust emissions from across the globe.
- Return to CMAQ Home Page.