Community Multiscale Air Quality Model (CMAQ)
- To compare the pollutant concentrations over a different spatial area, click on the map and drag from side to side.
- To choose a different pollutant or a different time period, click on Select Data. To stop the animation at a particular hour click on Stop.
- To reverse the left-right orientation of the map (e.g. fire on the right and all sources on the left), click on Select Data and then change the pollutant listed under Primary View.
- Use the zoom and drag features to see the pollutant concentrations over a specific location.
- More information about the CMAQ data used in this animation can be found in: Baker et al. (2016). Contribution of regional-scale fire events to ozone and PM2.5 air quality estimated by photochemical modeling approaches. Atmospheric Environment, 140, 539-554. doi: 10.1016/j.atmosenv.2016.06.032Exit
- Read more about modeling of wild and prescribed fires using the CMAQ system.
- Return to CMAQ Home Page.